Available in: Axsy Mobile for Salesforce, Axsy Field Service, Axsy Public Sector, Axsy Retail Execution
Adding Objects to the Main Menu
To configure additional objects to be included in the Axsy Mobile App's main menu, the necessary Record List plugin needs to be installed in your Salesforce Org. Once installed and enabled, configuration of additional objects lists is done via the Axsy Config Tool:
- Launch the Axsy Mobile app from the App Launcher on Salesforce.
- Select the Settings tab for the app to bring up the Axsy Config Tool.
- In the Config Tool, select the Plugins tab.
- Under the Plugins tab, select the main-nav-record-list plugin.
- Select the Components tab to view the list of configured Record Lists.
- Select the New button to add a new Record List.
- Provide a Title that represents the label for the Record List within the mobile app.
- From the drop-down list, select the appropriate object for the Record List.
- Provide a Display Order for the Record List for the main menu of the mobile app.
Figure 1 - The Axsy Config Tool is used for adding Record Lists which expand the Axsy Mobile App's main menu with new objects – both standard and custom
Enabling Map View
To enabe the Map View for a configured Record List, the following two configuration values must be set:
- Show Map - This must be checked.
- Relationship to Location - Describes the relationship of the object to a Location record. Uses dot notation and the API names for the fields - standard or custom - with support for a maximum depth of 3.
In the example screenshot below, the Account object has Map View enabled via the custom field of the Account object with API name Location__c and corresponding relationship name Location__r.
Figure 2 - Enabling the Map View for an additional object list via the Axsy Config Tool