Available in: Axsy Mobile for Salesforce, Axsy Field Service, Axsy Public Sector, Axsy Retail Execution
The out-of-the-box experience of the Axsy Mobile App provides offline-first access to key Salesforce objects - e.g. Events, Work Orders and Visits - via the app's main menu. It is possible to configure additional objects - both standard and custom - to be added to and accessible from the app's main menu, including while offline.
Adding Objects to the Main Menu with the Axsy Config Tool
Please see this article for more information on how to configure additional object lists with the Axsy Config Tool: Configuring Additional Object Lists
Working with Object Lists in the Mobile App
Objects added via the Axsy Config Tool can be viewed via the mobile app's main menu, which is accessed via the three horizontal lines at the top left-hand corner of the display screen. Once the main menu is open, choose the object to view by selecting the "Title" label that was configured for the object.
NOTE: To retrieve updates for an Object List, a manual sync using the Sync Now button or a scheduled sync needs to occur in the app.
Figure 1 - Added objects - e.g. Promotions, Retail Stores, etc. - will show in the main menu
Switching List Views
When viewing the Record List for an object, the Axsy Mobile App provides the ability to switch between different List Views:
- Select the current List View at the top of the screen.
- From the list of available List Views, select the new List View you want to see.
Figure 2 - Selecting the current List View will bring up a list of other available List Views
The available List Views that can be selected will be the same List Views configured on the Salesforce Platform and available via the Salesforce Web UI. More details on how List Views display and behave in the Axsy Mobile App are given below:
- Any filter conditions configured for the List View that are based on field values will be applied.
- Filter conditions based on record ownership scope are not applied.
- A subset of fields will displayed for each record in the list with the available fields based on the field columns that are configured for the List View in the Salesforce Web UI.
- The ability to create a New Record for the applicable object will be available from the List View.
NOTE: As the Axsy Mobile App will only display for a List View those records that have been synced to the Axsy Mobile App via inclusion in the Sync Configuration, it is possible that accessing a List View in the Axsy app will display less records than what is displayed for the same List View in the Salesforce Web UI. When configuring List View queries with filters that reference other records through relationships, ensure that the referenced records are also included in the Sync coniguration.