Available in: Axsy Mobile for Salesforce, Axsy Field Service, Axsy Public Sector, Axsy Retail Execution
To create an Axsy Smart Form, you use the Axsy Smart Form Designer, which is a “what you see if what you get (WYSIWYG)” design tool built on Salesforce.
Creating a New Form
To create a new Smart Form on the Salesforce Platform:
- Use the App Launcher to navigate to Axsy Smart Forms
- Select the Forms tab
- Select the New button.
Working with the Designer
The Smart Form Designer is split into 3 main parts:
- Section Elements
- To create new sections or edit existing sections, select the Edit button.
- Select Add Section.
- Select whether you want to add a New or Existing Section. Then select where you would like to position the section.
- Existing Sections are sections that you have already created that are used in other Forms. Please see this article for more information on sharing Sections across multiple Forms: Form Sections - Shared Sections
- If you are creating a New Section, you will then proceed to the next window where you can name your new section.
- After creating a section, you can rearrange the position of your sections by dragging and dropping the section to the desired position.
To add Elements to the body of the Smart Form, select the Edit button. When Edit Mode is enabled, the Toolbox shows all the Elements which are available to use to create a new Form:
|Numeric Input||A field for numeric input|
|Yes/No||A field with a boolean (i.e. slider)|
|Date Input||A field for date entry (date-only, time-only, or date and time)|
|Text Input||A field for text input |
|Picklist||Selection from drop-down picklist of values|
|Record Lookup||Selection from drop-down picklist of Salesforce records|
|Jump to Element||Enables skipping over Elements if specified condition is met|
|Subsection||Enables splitting of Elements across different pages/screens|
|Text Label||A static piece of text to be displayed (i.e. non-editable)|
|Signature||Enables a signature to be captured in-app|
|File Upload||Enabled an image or file to be uploaded in-app|
|Loop||Enables the repetition of a group of Elements|
Once the Toolbox is made available via Edit Mode, Elements from the toolbox can be dragged and dropped into the Smart Form's Section Elements to add them to the Form.
Saving your Smart Form
Once you have created Sections with Elements, click on Save to save your Form changes.
NOTE: If you select Cancel, you will lose any previous changes made since the last save. If you haven’t saved at all, you will lose all changes made.